Extra Dipped Fried Chicken
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1½ cups beer or water
- 1 quarter canola oil for trying
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
Step by Step Instructions
In medium bowl, mix 3 cups flour, garlic, onion, 1 tsp. black pepper, paprika and poultry seasoning. In separate bowl stir 1-1/3 cups flour, salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, egg yolks and beer If batter too thick add additional beer.
Heat oil in deep fryer to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Moisten each piece of chicken with a little water, then drip in dry mix. Shake off excess and dip in wet mix. Then dip in dry mix once more.
Carefully place chicken pieces in hot oil. Fry for 15 to 18 minutes or until well browned. Smaller pieces will not take as long. Large pieces may take longer. Remove and drain on paper towels before serving.